[c-nsp] What to collect when router reload

Yasser Aly yaseraly00 at yahoo.com
Sun May 22 12:30:37 EDT 2005

Rodney,

 As a side note to this, how does core dump helps in analyzing hardware problems.

Moreover, is it wise to make the core dump destination over a WAN link, or the router won't have enough time to ftp the core dump contents before crashing?

Regards,
Yasser

Rodney Dunn <rodunn at cisco.com> wrote:
You want the 'sh stack' after it reloads.

And why are you running an interim release on 12.2T?
You should only run an interim as a last resort to get
a bug fix while waiting for the next release to go on CCO
and upgrade then.

Interims are not well tested so running them is a risk.

I don't know but check bootflash and see if the RPM
saves a crashinfo file also.

Get that information to TAC.