[c-nsp] WS-SUP720 and -3B

Anthony D Cennami acennami at neupath.com
Tue May 24 11:14:46 EDT 2005

Oliver, that is actually not true.

I was a PFC3a owner, and at the time of purchase, with an MPLS license,
the PFC3a was supported for a variety of MPLS configurations.  To the best
of my knowledge the only non-supported configuration was EoMPLS.

This support, however, was rescinded shortly thereafter due to a hardware
issue in the PFC3a, and Cisco subsequently offered a free hardware
replacement program to upgrade all PFC3a customers with MPLS license to
the PFC3b platform.

If my memory serves me correctly this program ending in September or
October of 2004.  During my discussions with Cisco (which you can probably
find on this list doing a search for SUP720 MPLS) I was inadvertantly
forwarded the internal Cisco memo highlighting this problem, and the
process for RMA/upgrade.

In fact, you may still be able to find cached online documentation which
specifically listed the standard SUP720 as fully supporting MPLS; this was
obviously changed on Cisco.com following the withdrawl of support.

Anthony