[c-nsp] ISP LAN Design

Todd, Douglas M. DTODD at PARTNERS.ORG
Wed May 25 09:26:36 EDT 2005

All:

I might add that on certain Cisco switches 4000's and 6500s CatOS at least there
is a nice command:

Usage: l2trace <src_mac_addr> <dest_mac_addr> [vlan] [detail]
       l2trace <src-ip-addr> <dest-ip-addr> [detail]
       (src-ip-addr, dest-ip-addr: IP alias or IP address)

Which helps with showing a switching path through your network.

==DMT>

----
The information transmitted in this email is intended only for the person or
entity
information.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
action
in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended

recipient is prohibited.  If you received this email in error, please contact
the