[c-nsp] IPv6 Route "tag" attribute?

David Freedman david.freedman at uk.clara.net
Thu May 26 10:42:41 EDT 2005

Does anybody know when this feature is going to arrive
(or if arrived, where is it?)

Router(conf)#
ipv6 route  2001:A88::FFFF:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF/128 2001:A88::1 tag ?

% Unrecognized command

I'd search for it on the feature navigator if I could guess what it
would be called.

This lab box is running :

IOS (tm) 3600 Software (C3640-JS-M), Version 12.3(13a), RELEASE SOFTWARE
(fc2)

I currently use IPv4 route tagging in order to influence the values of
attributes when these routes enter a routing protocol.

Does anybody know when will this be available in 12.3 ?

Referenced to "tagged ipv6 routes" appear in :
(http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios123/123cgcr/ipv6_c/sa_ripv6.htm)

and IOS-XR appears to have this capability already:
(http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/iosxr3/rte_r3/rr3strt.htm)

Kind Regards,

Dave.