[c-nsp] Basic Query: Switches

Arturo Servin aservin at remoteconfig.net
Fri May 27 15:42:26 EDT 2005

Saku Ytti wrote:

>On (2005-05-27 08:08 -0700), Voll, Scott wrote:
>

>>I've been told the replacement for the 3550 is the 3560.  Only a couple hundred list more then the 3550.
>>

>Yup, 3560 is 3750 without stackwise.

    Yes, but considering prices, the 3560 fits better than the 3750 for
replacement of the 3550. I think Cisco did not include stackwise because
they considered that no one want to stack switches anymore (they use
pretty big numbers, for example 1Gbps for each 24 FE, I undestand that
for some organizations, but I think that the big majority do not use so
much bandwith).

  I am not sure but I thing that you can still group switches as one big
box for management.

-as

--

Remote Config, The Remote Configuration Company
http://www.remoteconfig.net
contact at remoteconfig.net