[c-nsp] against arp spoofing

Levent Ogut levent.ogut at gmail.com
Sat May 28 16:33:36 EDT 2005

I definately agree with you it is the best to use one vlan for each customer,
but sometimes existing setups (one vlan for all customers setup) can
not be changed easily,
so in those cases private-vlans are a part of the solution, not a
complete solution,
with some other techiques added it can be a more secure network.

in the case of a data-center designed with one vlan for multiple customers,
a rooted machine easily spoof arp and act a man in the middle, pvlans
prevents this,
with port security functions (sticky and so on) you can also minimize incidents.

indeed seperating broadcast domains per customer will be best solution,