[c-nsp] Buggy Cisco SNMP traffic monitoring with MRTG

Belgian Network Solutions - Geert Hauwaerts geert at benesol.be
Sat May 28 18:48:37 EDT 2005

Scott Weeks wrote:

> The 13 is the SNMP Interface Identifier, not the number of the interface.
> Make sure to read all the MRTG documentation.  All the info is in there.
> Snipping out the extra info in the email, you can see that the Interface
> Identifier for Fa 0/13 is 21  So, when you're looking at Interface
> Identifier 13 you're seeing the traffic on interface Fa 0/17.

Sure, I already said that in my first post. But I want to know *why* it switches. I have 39 Cisco 39
available and it's only 1 switch who switches snmp identifiers.

Hence I want to know why :)

Regards,
Geert Hauwaerts.
--
Network Operations Manager  - Belgian Network Solutions
Mobile: +32 (0)498 75 80 68 - Office: +32 (0)16 89 32 41