[c-nsp] Inspecting L2 traffic at 7609 port

Ian Cox icox at cisco.com
Tue Nov 1 17:52:53 EST 2005

mac address accounting is supported on the interface you have
configured on. It is only supported on SIP-400 with the GE SPA today.
You can use span, rspan, or erspan to copy the packets to a sniffer.
I don't get what your doing with the port below, since you have it
configured as an L3 interface with no IP protocols configured on it,
nothing is going anywhere. If you have the port configured as a
switchport, you could see what MAC addresses were present with show
mac-address-table.

Ian