[c-nsp] Cisco 1812W & IOS 12.4(2)T1 & CBAC/Firewall

Lawrence Wong lawrencewong72 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 03:28:55 EST 2005

Hi all,

While on the same topic, I was checking up Cisco
website and came across this "sample" config which
supposedly had both wired and wireless working
together.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5853/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008045831d.html

The sample made use of both the BVI as well as VLAN
configuration.

Does anyone have any idea why does the Vlan1 interface
have an ip address of 192.168.1.1 which is different
from that of BVI1 (10.0.1.1) when Vlan1/BVI1 are
supposedly bridged together?

In the whole config, there was no mention of the
192.168.1.1/24 subnet except under the VLAN1
configuration. The rest of the VLANs/BVI were on
10.0.*.1 .

TIA!