[c-nsp] RTSP through PIX

Lora Ganeva lganeva at mobiltel.bg
Wed Nov 2 11:58:26 EST 2005

Hi,

I have Cisco PIX 7.0 and I'm trying to allow videostreaming using
RealPlayer for clients coming from GPRS.
I have configured the following policy for inspect:

Policy-map for-streaming
            Class streaming
            Inspect rtsp

Class-map streaming
Permit tcp any any eq 554
Permit tcp any any eq 8554

The same policy is applied on both interfaces of the firewall : UMTS and
GPRS.
For clients with UMTS, streaming works with servers in Internet, while
for clients with GPRS it does not. NAT is performed for both types of
clients (both DMZs). Clients coming from GPRS work only when static
translations are configured for them, which is impossible in the working
environment. I have captured packets with Ethereal but still I don't see
what could be the reason for this.

Any help would be appreciated,

Regards,
Lora