[c-nsp] High Availability PoP Design

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Thu Nov 3 09:33:13 EST 2005

On (2005-11-03 08:58 -0500), David Coulson wrote:
> Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) wrote:
> > 12.2 and newer should cef-switch BVI just fine (CSCdm66218 - CEF support
> > for BVI).
>
> Yeah, I was going to say, all of my CEF problems in 12.2S(25) have been
> on a router with no IP interfaces except BVIs

 Also as of 12.2(25)S you can't have bridge-group and MPLS in same
physical interface under different logical interface. In older IOS' it's no
problem and it works. There is (was) no documentation that support has been
removed in release notes. Rationale is, that it was never supposed to be
working.
 Kind of reminds me when VPND was removed between 12.2(14)S3 and S5 or so,
without hint (as it shouldn't have been there any way, but worked).

--
  ++ytti