[c-nsp] selectively suppress CDP vlan warnings?

Andrew Fort afort at choqolat.org
Thu Nov 3 22:24:42 EST 2005

Gert Doering wrote:
> Hi,
>
> one of our switches is pegging me with warnings like this one:
>
> Oct 27 23:51:29 sw2-int.XX.XX 5882: %CDP-4-NATIVE_VLAN_MISMATCH: Native VLAN
> mismatch discovered on FastEthernet0/1 (1), with SCAxxxxx(YYY-ZZ) 7/41 (81).
[snip]
> Anything I'm overlooking here?

Not AFAIK.

I'd like to see this too, and also for the DUPLEX_MISMATCH warnings you
get when you managed devices (e.g. a 7206 C/STM-1 (pop end) + 1721 (ntu)
providing RFC1490 (FR bridging) over a G.703 link) bridging a link to a
far end device you manage, but the bridge device must run half-duplex
and so the far (far) end is running HD to match _that_ link, but your
CDP running between the local port and the far (far) end port thinks
there is a duplex mismatch.

One might also argue you can "fix" this network architecture, also, but
there's good reasons it was done this way.

-andrew