[c-nsp] nagios monitor bgp peer pluggin?

andrew2 at one.net andrew2 at one.net
Fri Nov 4 16:40:12 EST 2005

cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net wrote:
> Thats the one i found, except it wasnt working on the 3750, i
> didnt try my 7200 yet.. i always ended up with the responce...
>
> BGP to  is Unconfigured,
>
> maybe i'm just being a gimp and throwing the wrong args at it...
>
> ./check_bgp -r myrouter.com -c public -n provider.peer.ip
>
> it seams to work for one peer only if i do somthing like....
>
> ./check_bgp -r myrouter.com -c public -n
> provider1.peer.ip%provider2.peer.ip
>
> but then only shows the status of provider2...

This probably belongs more on nagios-users than cisco-nsp, but...

Your syntax is off a bit.  Try:

./check_bgp -r yourrouter.com -c public -n
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx%Provider1,xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx%Provider2

where Provider1 and Provider2 are just the names of the providers --
it's what will show up in the alerts if one goes down.

Andrew