[c-nsp] High Availability PoP Design

David J. Hughes bambi at Hughes.com.au
Sun Nov 6 21:30:10 EST 2005

On 07/11/2005, at 7:53 AM, Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists wrote:

> Well, you can use the IP Base license, which is $0. IP Services,
> which includes all decent routing protocols, is $10k.
>
>  S323IBK9-12218SXF (IP Base        ) USD      0.00
>  S323ISK9-12218SXF (IP Services SSH) USD 10,000.00

Well that's interesting.  On the Sup720 IP Services is still a $0 cost
option.  You only get hit for an extra if you want IP Advanced Services
or better.  I guess the pricing lets you get a capable wiring closet
switch for not a lot of dollars, or a capable L3 switch for a few more.

Even with the IP Services license it's still only a couple of grand
(Aussie) more than a 7206 NPE-G1 combo.  And you get 8 * GigE rather
than the 3 * GigE of the NPE-G1.  Still not a bad option if you aren't
looking for WAN interfaces.

David