[c-nsp] Microsoft multicasted cluster vs. Cisco IOS

Olav Langeland Olav.Langeland at active24.com
Mon Nov 7 09:55:45 EST 2005

As M$ says it: "Windows Clustering provides three different, but
complementary, clustering technologies"
(http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/
ServerHelp/358b9815-3cd3-4912-a75a-cae85ea8d5ab.mspx), most used are:
1. Network Load Balancing clusters.
or
3. Server clusters. Which basically is an active/passive clustering
technology.

I havent used MS clustering enough to answer, but these articles might
help:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/D
epKit/aa15cdd3-7ac5-4846-904e-4ff282f8e7f1.mspx
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307962

-olav