[c-nsp] Reliability? (hopefully trivial question)

Jeff Kell jeff-kell at utc.edu
Tue Nov 8 11:41:38 EST 2005

How exactly (or approximately will do) does IOS calculate interface "reliability"?  I'm looking at a pretty crappy link now that shows:

>   MTU 1500 bytes, BW 100000 Kbit, DLY 100 usec,
>      reliability 159/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255

I'm thinking some function of errors/packets (%error) then...?  input and output combined?  last five minutes like load?  Based on actual data packets?  keepalives?  BPDUs?

Jeff