[c-nsp] post-lynn 2511 3des image

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Tue Nov 8 16:55:56 EST 2005

> Actually, it looks that there is no 3DES support for 25xx at all.  This
> can be explained by the low CPU capacity of this router and no hardware
> encryption module.

perhaps you missed my original message.  i am running a 3des
version now.

    c2500-k4p-l.120-21.S1

the problem is it does not have the fixes needed for

    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/cisco-sa-20051102-timers.shtml

it seems that 25xx users are now left with a choice between running
vulnerable ssh or running code vulnerable to the problems mike lynn
outlined (which don't really exist and see my lawyer, right?).

i gather from asp that 26xx and 36xx folk seem to be in the same
boat.

this could be improved.

randy