[c-nsp] IAPP vs WDS (Wireless Roaming)

Jim McBurnett jim at tgasolutions.com
Wed Nov 9 06:55:47 EST 2005

Actually, 802.1x works with WDS as the WDS active AP or switch will
cache the lookup and save the time need to go back to the Radius
server...
This is actually Cisco's BCP for fast secure roaming.
Look here for a WDS and 802.1x example:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feature_
guide09186a00802114d8.html
And here:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/products_configur
ation_guide_chapter09186a0080341d2d.html

Share the same channel? No, I have multiple locations running WDS with
the standard channel spread 1,6,and 11.
The new WLSE Express is a great little box to manage all this also....

Later,
Jim