[c-nsp] using non-cisco SFPs in cat6500s

ken lindahl lindahl at berkeley.edu
Wed Nov 9 17:28:01 EST 2005

thanks to all the responders. several folks suggested:

> service unsupported-transceiver
> no errdisable detect cause gbic-invalid
> errdisable recovery cause gbic-invalid

the "service unsupported-transceiver" was new to me, though i had
already found the errdisable commands.

however, IOS still doesn't like the SFP:
> inr-202#sho int g3/48 status
>
> Port    Name               Status       Vlan       Duplex  Speed Type
> Gi3/48                     faulty       1             full   1000 unapproved

the SFP is an eval unit on loan from a seller, and it's possible that
it really is defective ("faulty"). i think i'll ask for another just
to be safe. i've also got a request in to my cisco salesteam.

thanks,
ken