[c-nsp] BGP: 7206vxr-G1 vs. 6503 sup2

Christopher McCrory chrismcc at pricegrabber.com
Thu Nov 10 15:56:27 EST 2005

Hello...

I'm adding more horsepower in my BGP core.  I am currently running
multiple 7206VXR-300 (12.0S) with BGP/OSPF/IPv4 (for a content provider
network, not ISP).  My transit connections are all same floor FastE/GigE
cross connects with a backup DS3.

Q:  any advantages to using a 6503/sup2/msfc2 instead of a
7206VXR-NPE-G1 ?

--
Christopher McCrory
 "The^W One of the guys that keeps the servers running"

chrismcc at pricegrabber.com
 http://www.pricegrabber.com