[c-nsp] Laurel ST200/BXR5000

Alex Foster afoster at gammatelecom.com
Fri Nov 11 14:52:47 EST 2005

Hi Steve,

Just want to know if youve had any good/bad experiences with this box ie:
has it proved reliable, what issues have you had with it etc;  We will
potentially be deploying these boxes on our Core S.Switch/VOIP network using
multi 10Gb/1Gb interfaces.  Traffic loading is expected to be around the
10-20Gb mark, although we also need room to grow. We'll be running OSPF at
the edge and over a L3 MPLS/BFD enabled core (transmission in between -
hence BFD) - so the boxes need to fit in with this design in mind.  I guess,
Im really looking for feeback on potential shortcomings with the box and
whether it has history (good or bad), bearing in mind the type of service
were looking to push over it. Eventually we'll be mixing data in amongst the
VOIP traffic so QOS/Traffic Engineering is paramount here as well.

Any feedback appreciated.

Regards

Alex Foster