[c-nsp] Re: cisco 7200 battery

Robert E.Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Fri Nov 11 14:58:02 EST 2005

"Eric Kagan" <ekagan at axsne.com> writes:

> Some of the IO have the battery soldered and you can actually replace it but
> its not that easy !

There are two flavors - one has the batteries built into a Dallas chip
like Suns use (which also contains the nvram).  I've never
re-batteried one of those, but since they're socketed it ought to be
straightforward.

If on the other hand your IO board has a coin cell with three legs
hanging out of it, the original battery in question is probably a
Ray-O-Vac p/n BR2335T3L (BR2330-1GU is said to be an appropriate
substitute).  You can get 'em from Newark.

It's not terribly difficult if one has the proper tools (vacuum
desoldering station helps, but you can get by with desoldering wick,
dental picks, and an assortment of tiny dikes and needle nose pliers).

The preferred approach (and the one that I've found optimal in the
past) involves buying beer for someone who does SMT rework for a
living - for them this is a walk in the park by comparison.

                                        ---Rob