[c-nsp] PA-MC-E3 7200 Port Adapter

Mark Tinka mtinka at africaonline.co.sz
Tue Nov 15 15:20:34 EST 2005

Hello.

I have multiple PoP sites that each require 2Mbps. I need
to minimize on the number of ports at my main PoP by
utilizing a PA that can aggregate these sites into a
single E3 (34.368Mbps) circuit. I also have some customers
that may need to hang off this trunk from speeds as low
as 64Kbps.

Searching 'cisco.com' brought me to the PA-MC-E3. Can
this PA do what I need? I suppose the backbone provider
would need to be able to present an E3 to my main PoP,
but carry that and demux it as an E1 and nx64Kbps at each
of the other sites and customers, or mux multiple site
E1's into an E3 at the main PoP.

Is this possible?

Also, does it support an integrated CSU/DSU, eliminating
the need for an external CSU/DSU at the main PoP? I know
the web site says this but I just wanted to be sure,
since DSU's are a nightmare around here.

For future higher bandwidth capacity, would the
PA-MC-STM-1 be a suitable upgrade option for the same
task?

Cheers,

Mark.