[c-nsp] NAT question

David J. Hughes bambi at Hughes.com.au
Tue Nov 15 18:10:00 EST 2005

Most "modern" DNS servers support different views based on the source
IP of the request.  You could solve your problem by offering a view
with the mail servers private address to LAN client and it's public
address to everyone else.  Have a look at

http://sysadmin.oreilly.com/news/views_0501.html

for a tutorial covering implementing this sort of configuration in BIND
9

David