[c-nsp] MPLS LDP neighbouship Flapping

Aamer Akhter (aakhter) aakhter at cisco.com
Wed Nov 16 12:05:24 EST 2005

Atiqur,

The following config is allowing LDP to expand to a higher MSS:

ip tcp path-mtu-discovery

But there are some cases where the DF=1 setting will not always generate an ICMP unreachable, which would have allowed LDP/TCP to tune the MSS down to something acceptable.

As a VPLS situation will not allow you to do fragmentation at the edge (and even in the L3VPN case PE-fragmentation is not really something you want to do), you really do want to increase your core MTU to a higher value than your attachment circuits + any tunneling overhead.

Aamer Akhter / aa at cisco.com
NSITE - cisco Systems