[c-nsp] NBAR on 7600 - Internet Gateway

Kim Onnel karim.adel at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 07:47:48 EST 2005

My 7609 has 4 OC3s worth of traffic, pushing the full table and receiving
it, now that the OC3s are almost always busy and we cant get a new one,
we're looking at doing some limiting on p2p traffic, i wonder whats the best
way to do this, should i list the ports i know (emule, ares, kazaa,
bearshare...) and put a police-map to do it or is NBAR a better solution,
how about processing on the box ?

I wonder if its advised to do such configurations on this router or on the
GigaEther switch its connected to: if it supports it

C3500XL Software (C3500XL-C3H2S-M), Version 12.0(5)XU, RELEASE SOFTWARE
(fc1)