[c-nsp] Maximum RTR for Cisco 7609

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Wed Nov 23 05:20:06 EST 2005

Hyunseog Ryu <> wrote on Tuesday, November 22, 2005 8:55 PM:

> Hi guys,
>
> Is there anybody letting me know what is the maximum number of RTR
> configured in Cisco 7609 router ?
> I'm trying to setup rtr to measure SLA between PE routers, and
> wondering how many RTRs I can configured.

There are two different SAA/RTR/IPSLA infrastructures/engines. SAA
Engine 1 (you run this if you see output in "show proc cpu | i RTR") has
a limit of 2000 probes.  Engine 2 (you see output in "show proc cpu | i
SAA") removed this limit, and generally performs much better.
Generally, the performance depends on the number of operations/sec.
How many PE's do you have, i.e .how many probes (and which probes) do
you want to set up?

> Also, I'm wondering whether it can be picked up using SNMP MIB rather
> than CLI mode.

yes, you can configure probes as well as retrieve results via SNMP,
please check out the RTTMON-MIB

	oli