[c-nsp] ICMP and SUP720

Ronen Isaac Ronen at conticomp.com
Wed Nov 23 16:26:59 EST 2005

Hello All...
I have a customer who is looking to upgrade his current Extreme switches because they are located in a facility where ICMP scans occur regularly and the CPU gets overloaded quite often.  I was thinking the SUP720 but I need to know if the 720 handles ICMP traffic in hardware instead of software?  The SUP2/MSFC2 gets bogged down too quickly so I am hoping the 720 will do the trick but I can not find any hard documentation.  Any thoughts, other suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance and happy holidays.

Kind Regards,
Ronen Isaac - CCNA, CCSE
Continental Computers
920 N. Nash St Bldg B
El Segundo, CA 90245
310/416-1200:voice
310/350-8456:cell
310/416-1443:fax
ronen at conticomp.com
www.conticomp.com
www.webuycisco.com
AOL IM: ccro02

***Your trusted partner in DEC, CISCO, HP, JUNIPER and more for over 20 years.  We are now Premiere Partners for AIRAYA wireless bridges too!