[c-nsp] CSM-S compatibility with Sup32

Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists Lists at Hojmark.ORG
Wed Nov 23 17:08:54 EST 2005

> The Release Notes for 12.2(18) SXF indicate:
>
> Supervisor Engine 32 does not support this hardware:
>
> <snip>
>
> -These service modules:
>
> -WS-X6066-SLB-APC Content Switching Module
> -WS-X6066-SLB-S-K9 Content Switching Module with SSL (CSM-S)

Trust the release notes, as that's what TAC will refer you to.
Both IOS and CSM release notes say only Sup2 and Sup720 are
supported with CSM-S.

IMO, you should never trust the Feature Navigator for switch
software.

> Could someone from Cisco (confirm that the new integrated
> CSM-S SLB and SSL accelerator (WS6066-SLB-S-K9) actually works
> with the Sup32?

Well, I'm not from Cisco. You could take it up with your account
team.

-A