[c-nsp] Transit ESP packets not shown in Netflow export

Bulgaria Online - Assen Totin assen at online.bg
Thu Nov 24 13:13:51 EST 2005

Hi all,

I apologize if this question is asked only due to my lack of knowledge.

I’m running a 7200 with a NPE-G1, IOS Version 12.3(12). All interfaces
do a Netflow export using  version 5 (all I’m interested in is ipSrc,
ipDst, tos & size).

A new customer in my network is using a Cisco 1841 to establish an
encrypted VPN to his head  office (outside my network). My router only
routes the packets without  participating to the VPN. All packets are
present in the  “sh ip route-cache” output (with their public IPv4
addresses), but data about  them is never exported via Netflow.

A TCP dump of the same traffic shows packets are ESP and bear protocol
number 50  inside, which is listed as “ipv6-crypt”.

Is there any additional configuration I have to make to have the info
about these packets e xported? Does it have anything to do with the
fact that my router’s  IOS supports encryption (a “jk9s-mz” image)?

Thanks in advance for your ideas/comments,

Assen Totin
Development Manager

        BULGARIA ONLINE
  Your quality... Your price!