[c-nsp] netflow on native 6509

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Fri Nov 25 12:44:01 EST 2005

Alex,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_configura
tion_guide_chapter09186a008007e6f0.html#wp1060003 says:

---snip---
Sampled NetFlow

Sampled NetFlow exports data for a subset of the Layer 3-switched IP
packets instead of for all packets in a flow. Sampled NetFlow
substantially decreases the Supervisor Engine 2 CPU utilization. Release
12.1(13)E and later releases support sampled NetFlow on the Supervisor
Engine 2.

With the full-interface or destination-source-interface flow masks, you
can enable or disable sampled NetFlow on each LAN port. With all other
flow masks, sampled Netflow is enabled or disabled globally.

---snip---

since you have "mls flow ip interface-full", you need to enable SNF on
the L3 interface(s)..

sampled NF is processed on the MSFC

	oli

Alex Rubenstein <mailto:alex at nac.net> wrote on Friday, November 25, 2005