[c-nsp] C4510R and SFP interfaces

Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists Lists at Hojmark.ORG
Fri Nov 25 13:45:07 EST 2005

> With the most recent code, all ports on the supervisor can
> now be used. But, you will be oversubscribing if you use both
> 10ge and all 4 ge ports.

Are you sure? 12.2(25)SG config guide says:

"With Cisco Release 12.2(25)SG, you can simultaneously deploy the
dual 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports and the four Gigabit Ethernet SFP
ports. This capability is supported on the Catalyst 4503,
Catalyst 4506, and Catalyst 4507R chassis."

So: Only supported in *other* chassis than the 4510R, the OP is
using.

For 4510R, they say:
" When deploying a Catalyst 4510R chassis, one of three
> configurations is supported:
>
> . Enable the dual 10 -Gigabit Ethernet ports (X2 optics) only.
> . Enable the four Gigabit Ethernet ports (SFP optics) only.
> . Enable both the dual 10 Gigabit Ethernet and the four Gigabit
>   Ethernet ports, with the understanding that the tenth slot
>   (Flex-Slot) will only support a 2-port gigabit interface
>    converter (GBIC) line card (WS-X4302-GB) when in this mode.

... Which I think is also what I wrote.

-A