[c-nsp] multiple VLAN trunk interfaces

Per Carlson ml at carlson.homeunix.net
Mon Oct 3 02:41:00 EDT 2005

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 02:20:38PM +0800, Nick Kraal wrote:
> Found the following command to cut down noise.
>
> switchport trunk allowed vlan remove [vlan-list]

nick, this works perfectly fine, but it is normally easier to maintain
the allowed vlans by *adding* wanted vlans than to remove unwanted.

the commands for that are:

- switchport trunk allowed vlan none
- switchport trunk allowed vlan add [vlan-list]

start of with an empty list (all vlans are allowed by default) and then
add the needed vlans.

my argument behind this are that is always easier to remember adding a
vlan than to remove it. if you forget adding av vlan you will quickly
notice it (no traffic). if you forget removeing it you will probably
*not* notice it (if not comparing the traffic stats on the switch and
the router ports).

--

Regards, Per Carlson

"I have a very firm grasp on reality!  I can reach out and strangle it
any time!"