[c-nsp] IOS 12.2S Train

Eric Kagan ekagan at axsne.com
Tue Oct 4 07:20:15 EDT 2005

> Would like to ask opinion, if anyone in this mailing list has
> used 12.2S train as the IOS in the production Cisco Router.
> The reason is exploring the possibility to upgrade from 12.0S
> to 12.2S due to some hardware compatibility.

We are running 12.2.25S on a few 7206VXR/400 with 512MB RAM and it runs well
with MPLS VPN, BGP 2 Full tables, etc.  I have not tried it on a 300 with
256MB yet with those features active (but it should be ok as we have 290mb
free currently on the 400).  1 major thing we did notice was that MPLS
Ethernet interfaces on routers and switches needed the jumbo frame support
or traffic came to a crawl.  We didn't seem to need that with 12.0S.

Eric