[c-nsp] IOS 12.2S Train

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Tue Oct 4 10:52:27 EDT 2005

Eric Kagan wrote:
>>12.2(25)S5 will never see my network - its riddled with
>>issues.  It was
>>in my lab for about 1 hour before it got caned.
>
> Can someone provide a link or details on problems. (Luckily we have not had
> any but I want to be on guard).
> I got this as a suggestion from a Cisco SE less than 3 months ago.

We had memory allocation problems just as quick, though some cropped up
only after we enabled IPv6.  Nonetheless, for a lab box with 256M
(VIP2-50s at 128/8) but just simple lab BGP sessions (20 routes, tops)
to be having memory problems was absurd.

I think it lasted more than an hour for me, but no more than several
reboots and head scratches occurred before we went back to 12.0(27)S3.

pt