[c-nsp] IOS 12.2S Train

Mark Tinka mtinka at africaonline.co.sz
Tue Oct 4 12:09:51 EDT 2005

On Tuesday 04 October 2005 17:51, Gert Doering wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Gert/all.

> Normally, the SYN packet should cause an ARP entry to
> spring into existance, and the second SYN sent by the
> machine on the other end will then go through to the
> receiver.

Actually, just got a few VXR's my way and need them
deployed at edge and border areas of the network.

We are considering 12.2S, but also 12.3 GD. What would
you summarize as the basic pros and cons of either IOS
for this setup, short and long term - we've been running
12.3 GD on other platforms for over a year now, with no
problems?

Cheers,

Mark.