[c-nsp] SNMP a 2950 Trunk port?

Primoz Jeroncic jp at softnet.si
Tue Oct 4 15:26:05 EDT 2005

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005, Skeeve Stevens wrote:

> Anyone know why I wouldn't be able to SNMP the statistics of a port on a
> 2950 in
>
> !
> interface FastEthernet0/14
>  switchport access vlan 114
> ?
> Surely you should be able to?

I'm not sure I understood your question right. But if you mean getting
data from switch with SNMP (like MRTG for example) then config on port
doesn't have much to do with it. If you defined snmp community then
you should be able to get it no matter if specific interface is in
vlan 1 or 114. I never had such problem on any of our Catalysts.
Sorry if I missunderstand your question and you are actually asking
something else.

Have nice day,
Primoz Jeroncic
Support - IP Connectivity & Routing
Softnet d.o.o.  tel:  +386 1 562 31 40   |
Borovec 2       fax:  +386 1 562 18 55   |       1 + 1 = 3
1236 Trzin      primoz(at)softnet.si     | for larger values of 1
Slovenija       http://flea.softnet.si/