[c-nsp] PBR and Redundancy

Steve Wright steve.wright at visp.me.uk
Wed Oct 5 09:35:06 EDT 2005

Hi all,

We are just looking into the following configuration for a client to enable
us to offer them certain services such as L2TP termination on our kit, but
to hand the traffic off to them to deal with.

     EndUsers
   /         \
l2tp-gw1----l2tp-gw2
   |           |
Cust-rtr1   Cust-rtr2

Now, I understand how to do the policy map to set the traffic for the range
of IP's to go via 'Cust-rtr1' and 'Cust-rtr2' by setting the next hop.
However, should a link failure be experienced between 'l2tp-gw2' and
'Cust-rtr2' for example, I would still want to hand the traffic off to them.
However, this would have to be done via the interconnect between 'l2tp-gw2'
and  'l2tp-gw1' and then to 'Cust-rtr1'.

Can anyone advise on the ways to achieve this?

Thanks,

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailController - www.MailController.altohiway.com