[c-nsp] Cisco SLB Capacity

Ruben Montes Ruben.Montes at eu.didata.com
Wed Oct 5 10:10:28 EDT 2005

Hello,

I have to configure SLB for one customer to balance traffic (SMTP) between two mail servers. Customer has two C6500 with sup720 running 12.2(18)SXD. Has anybody done a similar configuration and want to share his experience with me?

I'm using HSRP between the two cat's: is is possible to use any kind of redundancy with the virtual ip address to have a backup?

I'm also worried about the maximum number of connections that is able to support without affecting all the other services.

Regards,

Ruben