FW: [c-nsp] Cisco Gigabit EthernetSwitch Module (CGESM)fortheHPBladeSystem

David Prall dcp at dcptech.com
Mon Oct 10 09:44:00 EDT 2005

Christian,
What are you running on the servers. Cisco switches default to IGMPv2.
Windows XP had some major issues because they default to IGMPv3 and don't
fall back to IGMPv2 when they find an IGMPv2 router. So your multicast could
be flooding. Confirm that the router is configured for IGMPv3 and that the
switch is as well.

David

--
David C Prall dcp at dcptech.com http://dcp.dcptech.com