FW: [c-nsp] Cisco Gigabit EthernetSwitch Module (CGESM)fortheHPBladeSystem

lists at hojmark.org lists at hojmark.org
Mon Oct 10 16:07:04 EDT 2005

> These are potential multicast sources. If we have sources
> multicasting above 100 Mb, then we need to have all the sinks
> running gig as well.

If you want to limit multicast, then limit that, not the link
speed. For example, look at 'storm-control'.

> The buffer overflow is occurring on both switches in the
> enclosure, and it's happening with only 1.15Mb of mcast
> traffic.

You really should contact TAC about that. It's certainly not
normal.

> Did anyone who's deployed these test them very much?

I've tested them for a customer, which now have (I think) 12 of
them in production. We've only seen minor stuff, nothing major.

-A