[c-nsp] MLPPP and ip load-sharing per-packet

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Tue Oct 11 22:19:05 EDT 2005

Pete Templin wrote:
> Rodney Dunn wrote:
>
>>Oh what code is this?
>>
>>We don't support MPLS over a MLPPP bundle on all codes.
>
> Interesting; it's seemed to work for me in 12.0(27)S[1,3], though it was
> a VERY backup link and very rarely sees traffic.

(Following up to my own post)

Rodney had mentioned that it's only in distributed code on 75xx; we were
using it on 7507s with VIPs and no IPs, so it was distributed.  However,
while working on another project, I noticed that VIP CPU on all VIPs on
both ends of the MPLS MLPPP link had shot to a steady 99% several weeks
ago, coinciding with a network upgrade and topology change in one of the
POPs.  Since the link was very backup (nothing but noise for >2 weeks),
I took the link down, and VIP CPU returned to normal (12-15%).

Time to officially decommission that link...

pt