[c-nsp] Reply-To

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Oct 12 05:11:06 EDT 2005

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 10:44:26AM +0200, Bartosz Piec wrote:
> Gert Doering napisa?(a):
> >http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html
> >
> >Special focus on the "principle of least surprise".
>
> "Principle of Least Damage" was the best ;)
>
> So that means that I should send the letter to the author with a CC to
> the list (that was in my headers if I choose Reply To All)?

That's what you could do, or use a mail client (mutt, for example) that
offers "list reply", and will remove the author CC:

It's definitely lots better than what happens quite regularily on
lists with reply-to: set - someone wanting to reply privately to the
author, with an e-mail containing material unsuitable for the general
list audience (for whatever reason) and the reply-to: is tricking him
to send it to the whole list.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de