[c-nsp] Reply-To

Tim Franklin tim at colt.net
Wed Oct 12 06:03:27 EDT 2005

> So that means that I should send the letter to the author
> with a CC to
> the list (that was in my headers if I choose Reply To All)?

Be warned that some message authors will whine at you about doing this
because they haven't yet learnt to drive procmail, and hence see two copies
of the message.

The real problem hits when you encounter broken mailing-list software that
generates new message-IDs for anything sent through the list and hence
breaks duplicate-detection.

Regards,
Tim.

____________   Tim Franklin                 e: tim at colt.net
\C/\O/\L/\T/   Product Engineering Manager  w: www.colt.net
 V  V  V  V    Managed Data Services        t: +44 20 7863 5714
Data | Voice | Managed Services             f: +44 20 7863 5876