[c-nsp] memory-size iomem (7200 series)

Robert E.Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Wed Oct 12 11:57:15 EDT 2005

Rodney Dunn <rodunn at cisco.com> writes:

> Are you really asking for 12.0(21)S rebuild?

Yes; I'm not joking; I think if you ask around you'll find that there
are a *lot* people who are still running the pre-ST-merge code because
of the little bit of extra memory it saves.  Handy when you have a
bunch of NPE-300s, RSP-4s, or original GRPs lying about.  You can
still take full BGP views in those you know...

Yes, it's lacking a lot of features found in newer code.  When you're
not using any of them though, it ends up not buying you anything.

> Very unlikely.

Yeah, I know.  No business case for fixing that code, no matter how
many people are still using it.  :-(

                                        ---Rob