[c-nsp] memory-size iomem (7200 series)

Wolfgang Roth Wolfgang.Roth at brave.de
Wed Oct 12 12:24:58 EDT 2005

Dear Rodney,

>> Are you really asking for 12.0(21)S rebuild?
>
> Yes; I'm not joking; I think if you ask around you'll find that there
> are a *lot* people who are still running the pre-ST-merge code because
> of the little bit of extra memory it saves.  Handy when you have a
> bunch of NPE-300s, RSP-4s, or original GRPs lying about.  You can
> still take full BGP views in those you know...

because you're currently taking about this topic:

I would also like an 12.0(21)S BOOTIMAGE for the 7200 series. This is
because of the 4 MByte flash restriction when using C7200-I/O or
C7200-I/O-FE controller. In this case the image shouldn't be larger than
about 3 MByte to fit together with one or two crashinfo files onto the
flash device.

I recently opened a case with Cisco with no real success. Cisco officially
still only offers versions 12.0(26)S6 and above, but not e.g. version
12.0(21)S or 12.0(13)S. And I don't really understand why.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Roth

Wolfgang Roth
Home of the Brave
Internet Technology Based Solutions GmbH
Telefon +49 (0) 621 16672-0
Telefax +49 (0) 621 16672-22
eMail Wolfgang.Roth at brave.de