[c-nsp] CPU interrupt utilization

shmapty at foureleven.org shmapty at foureleven.org
Wed Oct 12 13:33:16 EDT 2005

> The easiest way is to post the configuration and let people
> comment on features that cause packets to be punted on
> that platform.

6509 sup2/MSFC2 running native mode 12.1(23)E2 (pk2o3sv-mz).  it has a
single BGP session to our service provider, static routes internally,
both static and dynamic NAT (inside/outside interfaces below)

we deployed new ingres and egress ACLs w/o any log keywords and the
6500 still exhibits the problem.

we've got a similarly deployed sup1a/MSFC2 at another site.  both
primarily host Internet-facing web services.  at their peak they both
handle ~170Mbps/40Kpps.  the sup1a MSFC CPU is typically 25%/16%, the
sup2 is 70%/50%

mls rp ip
mls flow ip destination
mls flow ipx destination