[c-nsp] memory-size iomem (7200 series)

Robert Boyle robert at tellurian.com
Wed Oct 12 13:45:16 EDT 2005

At 01:32 PM 10/12/2005, you wrote:
> >> 12.0(28d) and 12.0(28c) are the only images available that will fit, and
> >> it's not clear whether they will support the NPE-400 or not.
> >
> > I wouldn't think they would because the NPE-400 support started in
> > 12.1(5)T1 per your post so that means 12.0 mainline didn't support them.
> > Therefore the boot image wouldn't either.
>
>The 12.0(28c) and 12.0(28d) images definitly don't work with a NPE-300.
>They probably also won't work with a NPE-400.

What are you guys seeing with this? We just see BAD CPU ID (IIRC) using
12.0(28b) and the router boots normally and loads a supported image from
disk0: with NPE-300s and NPE-400s. I never thought it was a big deal since
the router still boots and works fine. Are there gotchas which we aren't
seeing?

-Robert

http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin