[c-nsp] router / switch recommendation

Adam Greene maillist at webjogger.net
Sat Oct 15 12:00:12 EDT 2005

Hi ...

I'm looking for a router / switch with 24-48 ports & 2 fiber uplinks that
can support up to 500 SVI's, 2 OSPF instances, a handful of small customer
BGP sessions (default-route only), and probably about 1000 routes in total.
The device should be able to push ~35Mbps (total across various ports). I
don't anticipate needing to switch multicast in the near future. Do you
think it is stretching it to try to do all this with a 3750? I guess the
next step up would be a 4500, but *gulp* that's a big step $$-wise (we're a
pretty small ISP).

Perhaps a 2800/3800 with an etherswitch module could also be an option ...
seems a bit more expensive than the 3750 ...

Any advice appreciated,
Adam

---
[This e-mail was scanned for viruses by Webjogger's AntiVirus Protection System]