[c-nsp] CoPP on Catalyst 6500 w/ Sup2/MSFC2

Adam Rothschild asr at latency.net
Sun Oct 16 23:55:03 EDT 2005

Hello,

In reading Cisco's "Deploying Control Plane Policing White Paper"[1],
I was under the impression that CoPP is supported on the 6500/7600
platform as of IOS 12.2(18)SXD.

However, it appears as though this feature is missing from the code
for the Supervisor 2 (as of SXD6, the most recent I was able to locate
on CCO), and is only present in matching builds on the Supervisor 720
platform.

Was this exclusion an error, which will fixed in future software
releases?  What does Cisco's development roadmap dictate as far as the
implementation of CoPP on the Sup2?

Thanks in advance,
-a

[1] <http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1838/products_white_paper09186a0080211f39.shtml>